Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants For Pets
Now that the weather is getting nicer, you may be thinking about your garden. This list, complied by the ASPCA, contains plants that have been reported as having systemic effects on animals and/or intense effects on the gastrointestinal tract. Please note that the information contained in our plant lists is not meant to be all-inclusive, but rather a compilation of the most frequently encountered plants. If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance, contact us.
Holly and mistletoe are extremely poisonous when eaten. Poinsettias are not necessarily poisonous but its sap and leaves can cause gastric problems. To view a full list of plants that are problematic for pets, go to: https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/toxic-and-non-toxic
Make sure that you clean up fallen pine needles around your tree regularly. If eaten, these needles can puncture your pet’s intestines.
Make sure your tree is well secured for your pets, for people and for your delicate décor. You can anchor your tree to the wall, using strong cord or rope. Also, make sure that your pet can’t access the tree’s water.