We are open and here for you and your pets!
Pets are family and we know how important it is for them to receive necessary care when they need it. During this time Shippensburg Animal Hospital, Mount Rock Animal Hospital, and Allen Road Veterinary Clinic remains committed to serving all pets in our community while keeping the safety of our staff and clients a priority. For now, we are offering curbside check-ins, pick-ups and drop offs for essential services including emergency, chronic, essential vaccinations, critical care patients, and other services at all of our locations with adjusted hours listed below.
We also continue to be open 24/7 for large farm animal emergencies as always.
If your regular location is not open during the time you would like your pet to be seen, we will work with you to find an appointment time at one of our other locations. Please give us a call!
Our adjusted hours:
- Monday: 8AM-7PM
- Tuesday: 8AM-4PM
- Wednesday: 8AM-7PM
- Thursday: 11AM-7PM
- Friday: 8AM-4PM
- Saturday: 8AM-4PM
- Monday: 8AM-4PM
- Tuesday: 12PM-7PM
- Wednesday: 8AM-4PM
- Thursday: 8AM-4PM
- Friday: 10AM-7PM
- Saturday: 8AM-12PM
- Monday: 10AM-7PM
- Tuesday: CLOSED
- Wednesday: 8AM-4PM
- Thursday: 1PM-7PM
- Friday: 1PM-7PM
- Saturday: 8AM-12PM
To help protect our clients and our staff during COVID-19, we are currently only seeing pets who need essential services, including urgent care, emergencies, chronic care and essential vaccinations, and are exclusively offering curbside services. There may be a few exceptions to our curbside service for some of our more critical cases at the discretion of our team. Please call ahead to determine if what your pet needs is an essential service or to schedule an appointment for some time in the future. (717) 500-2072
Here is what you can expect from our curbside service:
- When you arrive, please call us and we will collect the necessary information from you over the phone and someone will come out to the car to retrieve your pet.
- We will ask you to remain in your car during your pet’s exam. The veterinarian and medical team will communicate recommendations via your cell phone.
- For feline patients, please make sure that your cat is in a secure carrier. For dogs, please make sure you dog is leashed so we can quickly and easily bring them into the hospital.
- Invoicing/Payment will be handled via telephone or from the car.
- We will provide curbside delivery and payments for clients who are picking up or dropping off: Food, medications, stool samples, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are here for you and your pets during this challenging time.
Thank you to all of our amazing clients! We hope you and your families are remaining healthy
We continue to monitor the emergent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and want to provide an update on current events. As you know, there are positive cases in Cumberland County and surrounding counties.
At this time all three of our locations will remain open and continue to provide veterinary care and service to our community.
Having received correspondence and guidance from the CDC, American Veterinary Medical Association, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, we are implementing the following changes to our operating procedures:
- Staff will request that a minimum number of clients accompany each pet. Ideally just one person per pet.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of sickness or are expected to be in quarantine, we ask that you please stay home and take care of yourself rather than venturing out.
- If you are sick and have a pet that must come in, we ask that you please call us from your car and allow us to bring your pet into the hospital for you. The doctor will communicate all exam findings and recommended course of action via telephone.
- Please call in advance so we can have your medications or prescription foods ready for pick up and you do not need to wait in the waiting room. We would be happy to take payment over the phone and deliver the items to your car upon your arrival.
- Grooming clients: If you see a client already inside the grooming room, we ask that you please wait to enter.
- These modifications will be in effect immediately.
We understand that this is a rapidly changing situation. We will continue to monitor the outbreak and modify our procedures as warranted.
Thank you in advance for working with us as we all navigate this outbreak.
Three Convenient Locations
In order to take the best care of our community, Shippensburg Animal Hospital is proud to have three locations to serve you. We can be found in at our Shippensburg, Mount Rock, or Allen Road location. Click here to learn more.
A Long History In This Community
Founded in 1949, Shippensburg Animal Hospital has been serving our community's needs both big and small for nearly seven decades. When you have an animal in need come to a place with unmatched compassion and experience.
Providing Care to Animals of All Sizes
At Shippensburg Animal Hospital we have the unique ability to care for all of your fur babies, no matter their size. From the biggest horse to the smallest hamster and everything in between, we're ready to care for them.
“Dr. Hoover was very professional and comforting, and provided me with a wealth of information in case this occurs again in the fut ...”- Emily Dice
“We appreciate all your staff has done for all our pets.”- Jeanette Bitner & Jim Beichler
“I value the concern shown for my pet and people who know our pets are like family.”- Denylu Knox