Pet Health Insurance
Shippensburg Animal Hospital Can Help You Choose the Right Plan for Your Pet
Just like humans, pets can also become unexpectedly ill or injured; sometimes, they even get into and eat things they’re not supposed to. Often, these result in a costly unplanned vet visit. Pet insurance enables you to treat your pet without worrying about the cost. You simply bring your pet into one of our three office locations in Shippensburg or Carlisle, get them treated, fill out a claim form, and your pet insurance company will reimburse you.
Important Information to Know Before Selecting a Pet Insurance Plan
There are an overwhelming amount of pet insurance companies offering many different policies. To help you narrow down your options, we’ve compiled a list of important things to know before you make your decision.
The important things to know before you choose a pet insurance plan are:
- What is covered: While most pet insurance companies provide coverage for accidents, illnesses, and hereditary conditions, it’s important to see if they cover anything else your pet might need. For example, do they cover any dental cleanings or vaccinations? It’s important to ensure that the plan covers anything you might want your pet to receive.
- What the plan does not cover: It’s important to know what a plan doesn’t cover because you’ll be responsible for the entire cost of those services. Many providers will not reimburse you for routine examination fees or any treatment for pre-existing conditions.
- Whether the coverage is customizable: It’s important that you’re able to select certain factors of your plan, such as the deductible and annual limit, so that they meet your individual budget and financial needs.
- Whether they cover preventative care: While many plans only offer preventative care coverage at an additional cost, it is still an important option to consider. Preventative care coverage will enable you to be reimbursed for any check-ups, flea and tick prevention, vaccinations, and more.
Recommended Pet Insurance Companies
While there are plenty of pet insurance companies to choose from, and you are more than welcome to select a different one, Shippensburg Animal Hospital recommends the following pet insurance companies.
Our veterinarians like Petplan’s pet insurance because they cover a wide range of conditions.
Their pet insurance policy includes coverage for:
- Hip dysplasia
- Alternative therapies
- Comprehensive periodontal disease
- Illness/injury vet exam fees
- Chronic conditions
- Hereditary conditions
- Prescription medications
Our veterinarians recommend ASPCA Pet Health Insurance because their plans are highly customizable.
Their pet insurance policies cover:
- Dental disease
- Behavioral issues
- Hereditary conditions
- Accident-only coverage
- Preventative care coverage for an additional fee
Our veterinarians recommend Trupanion pet insurance especially for owners of injured or senior pets.
Trupanion pet insurance covers:
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Diagnostic tests
- Illnesses and injuries
- Hospital stays
- Veterinary supplements
- Herbal treatments
- Prosthetic devices and carts
For more information, call us at (717) 500-2072 today!
Providing Care to Animals of All Sizes
At Shippensburg Animal Hospital we have the unique ability to care for all of your fur babies, no matter their size. From the biggest horse to the smallest hamster and everything in between, we're ready to care for them.
A Long History In This Community
Founded in 1949, Shippensburg Animal Hospital has been serving our community's needs both big and small for nearly seven decades. When you have an animal in need come to a place with unmatched compassion and experience.
Three Convenient Locations
In order to take the best care of our community, Shippensburg Animal Hospital is proud to have three locations to serve you. We can be found in at our Shippensburg, Mount Rock, or Allen Road location. Click here to learn more.
“Dr. Hoover was very professional and comforting, and provided me with a wealth of information in case this occurs again in the fut ...”- Emily Dice
“We appreciate all your staff has done for all our pets.”- Jeanette Bitner & Jim Beichler
“I value the concern shown for my pet and people who know our pets are like family.”- Denylu Knox